Monday, July 21, 2008

My Pet Peeve..

If you read my last post, you know that Laney is on the larger size for her age. I do not know how many strangers and random people at church approach me to ask her age and comment how big she is. First of all I think this is very rude. I don't walk up to strangers in a restaurant and say my you sure are fat for your age. I don't see how you get around. I have actually been told by strangers that she is really big so much bigger than their grand child who is that age or "How do you possibly carry her around?"

Well, here is my advice. The only phrase that should be said to a stranger with a child is "She is cute." I will accept the compliment and we both can go on about our day. Otherwise, say nothing at all.

By the way kids come in all shapes and sizes. I have friends that encounter this same issue when their child appears to be small for their age.

Okay, I am off my soapbox..

3 comments:

Susy said...

How rude! I'm learning to keep all questions regarding marriage, children, and overall personal appearance to myself! I always hated it when people commented on how small or skinny I was...like I could help it. I'm also getting so tired of total strangers asking me when and how I'm getting married. Laney is precious and beautiful...and perfect in every way! Don't let the weirdos get you down!

Anonymous said...

Laney is the most beautiful child ever. Don't let rude people put a damper on Laney's beauty. She is perfect just the way she is and that is all that matters.

Crim said...

I understand where you are coming from. The twins are small and especially Caylin and people say she is so tiny or she is 4 months and that small. Ugggh!! I do have some people ask about Colby's strawberry and it seems I have to give an explaination for everything. He is beautiful just the way he is. I agree that each child is different and special in their own way. I think Laney is beautiful and that is that. I am offically off my soap box now, LOL!!