Monday, December 1, 2008

When Shopping Goes too Far

I am an avid shopper as most of you know. I pride myself in finding the best bargain but even I avoid the crazed shopping of Black Friday. I would rather pay regular price than fight the mob. I was saddened to hear about the employee that was trampled at a Wal-Mart store. You can read about it here. Just think we live in a civilized society yet we trample each other for some electronic gadget on sale at Wal-mart. This is one holiday tradition that I would like to see changed.

2 comments:

Philip said...

I am with you. That is crazy. Just someone doing their job opening a store only to be trampled to death. Come on what is wrong with our society? Some of these stores need to look into their policy on how they conduct business on this busy shopping day.

Susy said...

I agree...what's with people? Next year the person that they are buying for will want the new latest gadget and toss that one aside, and the family that lost that man will still be without him. I cannot even imagine what kind of person would do that, and I don't want to.