Monday, February 16, 2009

My life has changed..

It is funny how life has a way of changing on you. Sometimes it changes dramatically but most of the time it is the little changes over time that move you along the way from point a to point b. That being said Valentine's Day used to be such an important holiday. In Junior High it meant a chance to attend the coveted church valentine banquets. In my hometown this was a major event. The churches decorated like it was prom. Girls went out and bought formal valentine dresses and the guys wore tuxes. In high school I would always hope I had a boyfriend for Valentine's Day. I swear the guys knew the holiday was coming because I almost never had one for Christmas or Valentine's. Valentine's Day was still important but in that depressing kind of way. Chad and I started dating in College and would celebrate Valentine's Day with a romantic dinner. He would bring me flowers, etc. It was always a special time to reflect on our growing love. FAST FORWARD 6 years or so....

Valentine's Day 2009--I find myself at Chick-fil-a for their candlelight Valentine's Dinner Family style. I have a four year old on one side of me with my husband and 2 year old sitting across from us in the booth. We are eating chicken nuggets and french fries while trying to keep the kids out of the candle. We get a slice of free cheesecake but our kids devour half of it. The kids get their balloons and hug an oversized cow as part of the celebration. Happy Valentine's Day they shout as we leave the restaurant. Wow, life has changed...need I say more.

3 comments:

Philip said...

Sounds like Love to me.

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to those kind of Valentine's Day. Those moments are so special! I agree with Philip it sounds like love.

Crim said...

I like Valentine's Day better with the 3 loves of my life. I would ditch the flowers and candy anyday and spoil the kids.