Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Woman's Liberation

I know all of you are expecting a post of feminism complete with a bra burning ceremony. I hate to disappoint you but I did feel liberated by tossing out a plant. For those of you that know I do not have a green thumb this may not come as a surprise. However, I had managed to keep a peace lily alive for the last 3 years. It has sat in my office wilting and demanding water at the most inopportune time. It took up space and would close itself in my file cabinet drawer. I swear it mocked me reminding me of all the responsibilities I have. It was that one thing that always found itself on my to do list. Since most of my responsiblities can not be changed, I took great pleasure in tossing this plant out yesterday. No more water, wilting leaves, or RESPONSIBILITY. I have been liberated...

what i saw a few days ago Pictures, Images and Photos

6 comments:

Missy said...

You are tooooo funny! I must admit that tossing things out sometimes does feel good!

Beccalynn81 said...

I know how that is! Brandon has the green thumb here. Glad you are finally liberated!

Philip said...

There is probably some plant lover out there that found the plant (the crime scene)...put yellow police tape up and is looking for the culprit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley.
I found your blog from Susy's links. This is a good post. Good for you! Wish there were more things we could simply toss out!
Kristen Hogue Dunn

Crim said...

I am with you on the no green thumb.

Anonymous said...

You go girl....I just threw away some flowers the other day and I had no problem letting them go.